- We only store personal information that is needed to run our business, to provide support, and to comply with the Accountancy Act.
- Transparency on how we collect, use, and share your information.
Haircontrast.com is a part of AqqRate ApS – collectively “AqqRate”, “HairContrast”, “haircontrast.com”, “we” or “us”. HairContrast provides hair solutions to hair professionals around the world. Our main service is providing hair solutions for people suffering from hair loss. We are a Limited Liability Company based in Denmark.
Who We Are
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information We Collect
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
Information You Provide to Us
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For business identity verification purposes, we require your legal name, business name, address, e-mail, phonenumber, and Tax/VAT ID.
- Transaction and Billing Information: Details of any requests or transactions you make through our website or thirdparty payment provider. Haircontrast.com partners with other companies (such as Stripe, PayPal, Mollie) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for Stripe’s, click here, for PayPal’s click here, for Mollie’s click here).
- Information you provide by completing forms on haircontrast.com — your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you contact us.
We also collect some information automatically:
Information We Collect Automatically
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services. Log Information is used to prevent fraud, for security reasons, and for analysis.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on our site.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to provide country based information.
Purposes for Using Information We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
How And Why We Use Information
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think will help our users;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Haircontrast.com and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by HairContrast and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on HairContrast and our products.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to haircontrast.com websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to haircontrast.com websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
How Long We Keep Information
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. To enhance the security of your account, we enforces you to use a strong password.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Use your business e-mail, phone number, and address instead of your personal.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using haircontrast.com websites, with the drawback that certain features of haircontrast.com websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: If you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your haircontrast.com account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Haircontrast.com Services are worldwide. AqqRate ApS are the controller (or co-controller) of personal information, which means that they are the company responsible for processing that information, based on the particular service and the location of the individual using our Services.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
How to Reach Us